SJCAM SJ6 Legend Action Camera Specs Features & Reviews
Photo Specs and Settings
Video Specs and Settings
Interface and Connections
Specifications, features and expert reviews on the SJCam SJ6 Legend action camera.
A nice camera setup from SJCam but like others have produced a fake 4K video recording action camera, which actually records at a lower resolution and then adds on extra pixels to make a 4k look. Other than that, the camera only seems to have a couple of bad points, such as the external mic needs to be an SJCam specific one but overall the camera is good.
It produces some quality 1080p video and has a nice screen which is easy to navigate and use.
- Many buyers are happy with the accessories and mounts the camera comes with
- You can plug in an external microphone using mini USB so great for improving sound quality and recording, especially if you are vlogging
- Others love that you can connect it to the myriad of gopro mounts and accessories
- A few users have said that the instructions are poor but luckily the camera is easy to operate
- Some think the gyro stabalization is great and really smooths out footage
- A lot are very happy with the touch screen on the back to control the camera
- Its not true 4K and you can tell, its interpolated, some users saying that the 1080p video looks sharper
- Some users have said, although you can use an external microphone, you have to use a specific SJCam mic as others wont fit
- A few have said the instructions are poor and unclear
Frequently Asked Questions
Mounting and Form
Your action camera's most important feature is how it will mount to you, your vehicles and other parts of your activities. Below we look at how this camera fits to certain mounts and what it's mounting setup is.
There are two main mounting systems, the GoPro (2 to 3 fin mount) and the 1/4" (quarter inch) thread mount.
When we decide how each camera is mounted, we talk about it's form, whether it would fit to a certain popular mounting type, such as on the chest, head or in-hand and whether there was a mounting type for this too.