Sony FDR X3000 Action Camera Specs Features & Reviews
Photo Specs and Settings
Video Specs and Settings
Interface and Connections
Sony FDR X3000 action camera specs and expert reviews.
A solid little action camera that really packs a punch, it has been touted as one of the best action cameras for 2017 and still going strong in 2018. It has a lot of features and what really sets it a part is the optical image stabalization (BOSS) that outperforms the digital and electronic stabalization most other high-end cameras are using.
It is let down by a couple of things, such as no viewing screen but you can use a phone with wifi or the watch mount which shows you what you have in shot.
- The controls are very simple to use, it has quick record which means you can turn the camera on and also record with that same click
- Many users are really impressed with it's video quality
- A lot of camera owners are saying it has the best image stabalization of any action camera
- A few are impressed with its slow motion and high definition video recording of 1080p at 120fps
- When compared to the GoPros, a lot of users found the battery life really good and would record for over 2 hours at 1080p
- Others have mentioned that a removeable battery is a great feature
- Other owners have said that its great that it is splashproof without its underwater housing on
- The small info screen is not backlit, which means that you will struggle to see it in the dark
- Having the underwater housing on will reduce the sound quality and you might not even record much audio with it on