Yi Lite Action Camera Specs Features & Reviews
Photo Specs and Settings
Video Specs and Settings
Interface and Connections
Yi Lite action camera specs, features and expert reviews.
A solid entry level, budget action camera which has features that much more expensive cameras have. It doesn't aim to do 4k video or super slow motion in HD but it has aimed to create videos in 1080p at 60fps which is the most used video res and frame rate and they've done that well for a price everyone can afford.
- Sony sensor, which is well tested
- It's a 1080p camera, which records at 60fps
- Great small rear screen to see what you are recording which is very responsive
- Uses Gorilla Glass on the rear screen, helpful if you are clumsy
- Incredible dual band WiFi connectivity
- Has an App which works really well, to control your Yi camera and even edit on the road
- Accepts extra batteries because they are replaceable
- Fantastic price point, sub $100 at launch with deals and coupons online
- You can use the same battery and housings in the Yi Lite, 4K and 4K+ so if you have both the Lite and the 4K+ they can share batteries and underwater cases
- Although it has Electronic Image Stabalisation, it's not the best, you may find it isn't the smoothest
- Not waterproof out of the box, you need a case or housing to take it underwater, for snorkeling, surfing, scuba, freediving, etc
- No raw photo available which is in the Yi 4k options
Frequently Asked Questions
Mounting and Form
Your action camera's most important feature is how it will mount to you, your vehicles and other parts of your activities. Below we look at how this camera fits to certain mounts and what it's mounting setup is.
There are two main mounting systems, the GoPro (2 to 3 fin mount) and the 1/4" (quarter inch) thread mount.
When we decide how each camera is mounted, we talk about it's form, whether it would fit to a certain popular mounting type, such as on the chest, head or in-hand and whether there was a mounting type for this too.