Runcam 2 Action Camera Firmware Updates and Downloads
Bug fixes, new feature updates from the firmware update and download for the Runcam 2 action camera.
04/25/2020 - 22:36
Method 1 (recommended): Update the firmware through App.
Method 2: the classic method (manually copy the firmware file onto the SD card).
- HOW TO UPDATE?
- It Requires iOS App v1.3.0 + | Android App v1.8.0 + and the current firmware version of the camera needs to be>= V2.1.
- Firmware Upgrade (It would be better to upgrade under OSD menu; press power button to select down and WiFi button to confirm; upgrade when the battery is fully charged )
- 1. After downloading the firmware, put it under the root directory of micro SD card.
- 2. Turn on the RUNCAM 2 with the micro SD card inserted. The camera will start checking the firmware and show a solid orange light with LED1 (Wi-Fi button).
- 3. One quick press on the power button.
- 4. One quick press on the WiFi button.
- 5. Orange light blinks slowly while firmware is upgrading.
- 6. After 2 minutes, the camera will automatically shut down,upgrade has completed.
User guide reference
Firmware file change log
V2.3 Runcam 2 Action Camera Firmware Update
- Optimize the protection file function when the power is cut;
- Optimize the TV-OUT latency; (Under 1080P @60FPS, 40ms)
- Add a TV-OUT icon switch; (set via APP)
- Add the option to turn on the WIFI automatically after powering on the camera; (set via APP)
- Support automatic firmware update and delete the firmware automatically after finishing;
- Fix the bug of the time-lapse recording.