Garmin Virb Ultra 30 Action Camera Specs Features & Reviews
Photo Specs and Settings
Video Specs and Settings
Interface and Connections
Specification, features and expert reviews on the Garmin Virb Ultra 30 action camera.
The Garmin Virb Ultra 30 has an amazing amount of features, it's a great alternative to a GoPro and most importantly, can be connected to a myriad of other devices to show cycling data/telemetry and more.
7 reasons to get the Garmin Virb Ultra 30 Action Camera
- Adjustable Field of View
- Plenty of shooting modes, from looping for cycling through to time lapse, burst, video and photo modes
- Plenty of video resolutions, up to 4k, 1080p at 120fps and Image Stabalization up to 2.7k res
- Voice control so you can use it hands free
- Extend the battery life with an external power back and battery
- Plenty of ports, with audio out, mini HDMI and more
- Connect with other devices, use ANT+, bluetooth and show more than just video data whilst you record
4 reasons to NOT get the Garmin Virb Ultra 30 Action Camera
- Slightly smaller field of view than the GoPro at 148 degrees compared to the 170 that the GoPro and others have
- Not the cheapest, about similar price to top of the range and new GoPros
- Only takes photos in JPEG and no RAW
- Not the longest battery life for recording videos and connecting it to all those other sensors will also hinder that
Voice Command Start - "Ok, Garmin"
Voice Command Bookmark - "Remember that"
Voice Command Record Video - "Start recording"
Voice Command Stop Video - "Stop recording"
Voice Command Take a Photo - "Take a Photo"
- You can stop recording using a voice command only if you started recording using a voice command.
- The camera plays a tone when it recognizes your command.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mounting and Form
The Garmin Virb Ultra 30 does not have a quarter inch thread underneath it so the only way you can mount is by using the gopro 2 to 3 fin mount that is fixed on the bottom of the waterproof case.